Cockroach Prevention Tips For Tucson’s Monsoon Season
Heavy rains could mean an influx in cockroach activity
We’re just a couple weeks away from monsoon season here in Tucson and that means homeowners should start preparing for the arrival of roaches. Unfortunately, we’ve already been receiving requests for cockroach control and it’ll likely get worse. In order to prevent these vile creatures from infesting your space, Northwest Exterminating has put together a list of cockroach prevention tips. Read on to learn more!
Before we share prevention tips, let’s talk about cockroaches
In Tucson and throughout Southern Arizona, American cockroaches and Oriental cockroaches are usually found outdoors. When heavy rains flush them out of sewers and other outdoor harborages, they start looking for dry refuge- in other words, they head indoors. Once inside, homeowners tend to find them in bathrooms, kitchens, and other areas of the home that are warm and that have plenty of moisture. Unfortunately, these pests are more than a nuisance when they infest homes, they can contaminate any surface they touch, spread illness, and trigger allergies and asthma attacks.
Cockroach prevention tips
To reduce the chances of a cockroach infestation in your home during monsoon season and any other time of year, our local pest control pros recommend the following cockroach prevention tips:
- Locate and seal all potential entry points on the outside of your home including gaps around sewer lines and air ducts
- Keep gutters free of twigs and other organic debris that tend to accumulate and cause clogs
- Install screen drains in sinks and tubs
- Do not leave dirty dishes in the sink for any length of time
- Do not let people or pet food out over night
- Store food in sealed containers rather than original packaging (especially if already opened)
- Regularly empty trash cans
- Keep cardboard, paper, and other items that roaches like to hide in or under off the floor
- Organize storage areas and eliminate clutter
Sign up for year-round home pest control in Tucson!
In addition to implementing the roach prevention tips highlighted above, consider signing up for pest control services. At Northwest Exterminating, we offer ongoing home pest control services in Tucson, San Manuel, Marana, and Phoenix as well as throughout Southern Arizona that are designed to eliminate and prevent roaches and other pests from infesting. Check out our residential plans below or give us a shout to find out how we can help you!
Request Your FREE Estimate
Have questions or need help getting rid of pests? Simply complete the form below or give us a call!
Pest Solutions For Homes & Businesses
Northwest Exterminating provides pest control services in the Phoenix-metro and Tucson as well as throughout Southern Arizona that target the pests that are found in our region's unique desert environment. We promise personalized service and state-of-the-art techniques for all your exterminating needs.
Any Pest, On Time, Guaranteed.