- Diet: Omnivores. Prefer fruits, dough products, insects, and meats.
- Activity: Nocturnal
- Preferred Climate: Warmer climates
- Defense: Calling sounds
- Cautions: Will damage fabric or paper. Will migrate in large numbers.
- Home Invasion: They like warm places so may migrate inside when weather is getting colder. Often they are found in wall voids, behind baseboards, under pots, near trash cans, wood piles, near fireplaces, garbage dumpsters, and other places where warmth is available.
- Seal cracks and crevices that crickets can enter to live.
- Regular trash removal.
- Minimize lighting at night or use yellow lights.
- Regular pest control service to keep all pest levels low that may attract crickets to the area for food.
In 1939, swarms of house crickets in India were documented being as large as 220 yards long and 100 yards wide.
Large numbers can sometimes be destructive.